Supervising Tax Senior
Do you value working in a true team environment, mentoring from senior partners, having a professional growth plan, learning practice development tips at an award-winning firm committed to stellar client service and work-life quality? If so, the opportunity you have been waiting, and preparing, for is with Stockman Kast Ryan + Company (SKR+CO). Nestled at the foot of Pikes Peak, SKR+CO is headquartered in beautiful downtown Colorado Springs, officially known as Olympic City USA. In 2018, Colorado Springs ranked “second best places to live” by US News and World Report. The region is known for its affordability, job prospects and quality of life, as well as its fitness-minded culture. It’s also a great place to raise a family, enjoy the local craft beer scene or dine at the growing number of foodie restaurants, experience the outdoors or learn about the area’s rich history, bask in the mild weather or enjoy the arts.
Who we are:
At SKR+CO, we are a combination of smarts and heart. We place people first, getting to know the people behind the numbers. Founded in 1995, SKR+CO is the largest locally owned certified public accounting firm in southern Colorado and ranked as a 2018 regional leader by Accounting Today. We are a full-service firm offering a wide variety of audit, tax, business advising and accounting services to individuals and businesses throughout Colorado. We’ve been named the Best Accounting Firm by the Colorado Springs Business Journal for over nine years. Our team has a wide range of industry experience including small businesses, nonprofit organizations, health care, construction, real estate and financial institutions.
As a Supervising Tax Senior at Stockman Kast Ryan + Co, you will develop client relationships and serve as a trusted advisor. In addition, you will expand your skills and experience in preparing a variety of tax returns including corporations, partnerships, individuals and trusts. You will deepen your knowledge of tax issues and further develop your research skills. You will review work papers and tax returns prepared by other tax department professionals, including the Firm’s most difficult returns. You will supervise and train Tax Consultants and Senior Tax Consultant.
- CPA license
- 4+ years of tax experience in public accounting
- Experience with more complex tax issues/returns
- Proven proficiency in preparation of tax returns including business and individual returns
- Excellent communication skills and positive attitude
- Excellent time management skills
- Dedication to client service: meets client deliverables – both internal and external
- Exhibits core values of integrity, accountability, leadership and professionalism
Why Choose SKR + CO?
- Challenging work with a talented team of professionals, in a fun, collaborative environment
- Professional growth and development with an opportunity to lead and mentor or coach others
- High level of responsibility, challenge and professional reward
- Work-life quality with competitive pay and benefits package
- Live in the Pikes Peak region; we have a 14er in our back yard!
- Scenic hiking and biking trails, the Manitou Incline, Pikes Peak Rodeo, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Seven Falls and Cave of the Winds are all combined in a small-town atmosphere.