The Gazette is the #1 source in Colorado Springs, reaching consumers through a daily newspaper, a network of websites, mobile and tablet apps, a weekly mailed shopper, a military weekly newspaper, parenting magazine and a direct response monthly magazine.
Located at the foot of Pikes Peak and 60 miles south of Denver, Colorado Springs ranks in the top 5 of many national rankings including human resources, military boom town and job creation. The community focused reporting makes The Gazette an essential advertising source reaching an integrated audience in print and online of 122,500 daily and 180,600 Sunday.
The evolution of The Gazette began in 1946, when the Colorado Springs Gazette and the Colorado Springs Evening Telegraph merged to form the Colorado Springs Gazette-Telegraph.
Earlier in its history, the first issue of the Out West newspaper was published on March 23, 1872, after General William J. Palmer and other founders of Colorado Springs launched the newspaper and named J.E. Liller of Chester, England, as its editor. Liller and his wife arrived in January of 1872, six months after the town's survey stakes were set. The newspaper was established in a two-story building (the first in Colorado Springs) at the northeast corner of Tejon Street and Colorado Avenue (then Huerfano Street).
In 1957 Harry Hoiles moved the newspaper from its Pikes Peak Avenue location to a new plant at 30 S. Prospect, just east of the downtown area.On December 20, 2013, the Gazette left its home of 56 years and relocated in downtown Colorado Springs.